Casa Del Cerro HOA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light at the end of a very dark tunnel!

4 posters

Go down

Light at the end of a very dark tunnel! Empty Light at the end of a very dark tunnel!

Post by Duff Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:27 pm

There is the opportunity to elect a NEW board. This can take place in July at the earliest.
Please get out there...talk to new owners.....we are in need of a revamp of the board that
is in power and has been for the last two years. Lets all get together and shine that LIGHT!!

Duff

Back to top Go down

Light at the end of a very dark tunnel! Empty Re: Light at the end of a very dark tunnel!

Post by San Carlos Living Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:07 pm

My wife and I receive election material, yearly financial statements and not much else.  Therefore we haven't a clue as to the month to month business of Casa Del Cerro.  Occasionally we'll drive by and see that the buildings and common areas do not look well maintained or nearly as nice as when we purchased our unit many years ago.  Much of the exclusive use areas appear cluttered.  Our dues are over $300 but where is our money going?  

Our busy schedules do not allow time to appear at meetings.  Is there a way to get updates through this website?
Who is on the board of directors and how do we know who to vote for in the next election?  Thank you.

San Carlos Living

Back to top Go down

Light at the end of a very dark tunnel! Empty light at end of tunnel!

Post by Duff Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Please come to a meeting. 7:00 in club house, third tues. of the month. This month it should be June 20th, unless ,posted a different time
up on the board above the mail boxes. There are times it changes due to one or 2 board members cannot make it. My name is Eileen and
I am a board member. Search me out...I will be there.

Duff

Back to top Go down

Light at the end of a very dark tunnel! Empty Re: Light at the end of a very dark tunnel!

Post by retire33 Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 am

I would like someone to explain why this Board thinks they can discriminate against owners that rent their units.The $100.00 fee to owners when their tenant moves out is totally illegal.Where did this amount come from? What is it based on? If an owner-occupied unit is sold and new owners move in is there a$100.00 fee? If not, why. Don't know when my tenant is going to move but when it happens if I get a $100.00 bill to pay I will definitely be taking legal action.

retire33

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt A Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:18 pm

I Googled keywords "hoa" "tenant" "move" & "fee" and found much information.  But yes, you do have the right to know where these fees are going and if they are justified.  Matt

Matt A

Back to top Go down

Post by retire33 Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:14 pm

I know where the fee is going.The problem is this board is targeting non-resident owners because renters in general are not highly thought of at Casa Del Cerro.If you created a fee each time a unit changed residents that would be one thing but you aren't doing that, you are just targeting rented units.Do only rented units create some sort of "expense" to the association when they move out but somehow this "expense" isn't created when a different owner moves in to a unit.? I really cannot believe this board got a legal opinion on this policy before instituting it

retire33

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt A Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 am

This apparent discrimination does pose a problem.  You should contact the manager and place this matter on the agenda.  If you cannot attend the meeting then email a letter of supporting statements.  Manager: karina@complexmgrs.com

Matt A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum